WHAT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY?
#GivingTuesday has become a global movement of giving back and encouraging philanthropy. It began in 2012 as a charitable response to the consumerism of the post-Thanksgiving season in Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This year, #GivingTuesday is on December 3! Since 2012, more than $1 billion has been raised on #GivingTuesday alone to support charitable causes.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
During this season of giving thanks, #GivingTuesday is an opportunity to help those who are less fortunate. This annual day of giving is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others – just like the CFC!
Let’s show the country the generosity of the federal community by making #GivingTuesday the biggest one-day pledge total during the entire campaign.
- Make a CFC contribution to your favorite charities via payroll deduction, with a one-time gift, and pledge of volunteer hours through the online giving potal.
- Get involved at your department, agency, or office Spirit Week festivities and activites - whether it's an event, the scavenger hunt, or simply sharing with colleagues about causes important to you!
- Post the How to Pledge Online Card near your desk to encourage others in your office to make their CFC pledge too.
- Follow the CFC hashtag #ShowSomeLoveCFC on official social media channels to see others' posts about giving back.
- Together, our collective efforts and generosity can help make #GivingTuesday the highest pledging day in CFC history!
Visit the following pages for information on getting involved in this year's #GivingTuesday: