Each year since 2012, Giving Tuesday has been celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving as a global day of giving fueled by social media. This annual day, dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others, marks the start of the charitable giving season. During this time for giving thanks, #GivingTuesday is an opportunity to help those who are less fortunate.
How to get involved:
- Join the giving movement by following along with #GivingTuesday on social media.
- Plan and take part in unique ways to show thanks and celebrate this opportunity to give.
- Generate engagement through seasonal activities like a pie-baking contest or host a Thanksgiving-themed potluck.
- Incorporate updates and reminders about the CFC and Giving Tuesday in each of your meetings.
- Give at opm.gov/ShowSomeLoveCFC and encourage others to do the same.
Let’s show the country the generosity of Federal employees by making #GivingTuesday the biggest one-day pledge total during the entire campaign.